Do not apply in direct sun or on a hot surface
Do not re-use 4" Suede applicators
Do not re-use the towels you used to buff off with on paint
Wear hand protection
Wear respiratory protection such as painters mask
- Durability: 2 years or more
- Average Thickness: 1~2 Micron per coat
- Coverage 15ml per coat +/-
- Water contact angle: 110 °
- Minor filling
- Recommended working temperatures: 40F to 100F
If contamination exists, Iron-X and use AM Clay on your vehicle's exterior before polishing.
- To gain the most from Cquartz your vehicle should have all surfaces 100% clean and paint polished to a high level
Use CARPRO Reflect to achieve an incredible high gloss finish in less time with no fillers
Use CARPRO Eraser to remove any oils leftover after polishing - This is critical to ensure the durability of CQuartz
- We recommend Extra Suede Applicators if applying more than 1 coat -ButterSoft Suede Microfiber Applicator Cloths 4x4
- Finding the right time to "level" (wipe off) excess coating after it flashes:
- Start with a single 2ft x 2ft test section to determine flash time before applying the coating to the entire vehicle. Flash time will vary depending on temperature, humidity, air movement, paint type, how thick it is applied, and more.
- If the coating is applied thickly then the coating will take longer to flash. If applied thin it will flash faster. Hot temps will cause it to flash faster, Cold Temps will cause it to flash slower. Air movement will cause it to flash faster.
- When it starts to flash you will see colors that will make the coating look like a rainbow or oil slick. You will see hints of blue, purple, red, and yellow.
- Remove too soon and it will be oily with no grab to it when wiping. If you wipe off too soon it will not give the coating a chance to bond.
- Remove too late and it becomes hard to remove.
- The time to remove it when you feel just a little push back or "grab" against your towel but it is not difficult to remove and it is no longer oily. It may leave some streaks at first but with the second wipe of a fresh clean side of the towel, the streaks should wipe off and the paint should be nice and clear.
- Lighting - Lighting is key to make sure you wipe off completely when you do wipe off. You don't want to spotlight like would use on paint correction but ambient lighting. Look at the paint from different angles to make sure none of the coating is missed. Spotlighting will "wash out" the high spots visually. Think of it like this: when you wipe off a sealant you have hours to go and check it again outside or in other lighting. In this case, you need to pay attention as you go rather than waiting an hour. Thorough removal of the coating is very necessary as any product left on the surface will harden and require polishing to remove soon after.
- High spots - A high spot is the excess coating that was not leveled (wiped off). Most of the time it will look like an application mark. If you discover to them within minutes then a bit more product will lift them. Otherwise, you would use a dot of finishing polish such as CarPro Essence or Reflect and rub the high spot off, wipe it down with Eraser or your IPA of choice, and then re-coat that area and onto the area around it by about 6". Then start wiping off the perimeter immediately and slowly work inwards to feather it until you reach the area you are trying to re-coat at the appropriate time.
Read "Tips" above before coating
1. Wrap a 4" mf Suede around the grey side of applicator block.2. Shake CQuartz UK.3. Slowly open bottle and drag one or two lines of the product down the applicator. 4. Spread across paint in a criss-cross pattern approximately 2 sq ft at a time depending on conditions.5. Buff off as soon as it flashes (within 2-5 minutes depending - see tips above) using an Edgeless 245 All-Purpose Microfiber Terry Towel 16X16.6. Be sure to remove all excess residue and only then do you move to the next section.7. Switch out the 4" Suedes every 2+/- panels.8. Additional coats may be applied with 45-60 minutes or wait until the following day if you are beyond 60 minutes. CarPro recommends 2 coats. Max Layer - 3 coats.9. Apply Reload Inorganic Spray Sealant
after final coat within 30- 60 mins. Wait until next day for Reload if you miss the 30-60 minute window or at least a minimum of 12 hrs.
- Keep surface dry for at least one hour after application (For best results keep dry 24 hours)
- Gently wipe any water off the surface during the first 24 hours after application
- Avoid detergents and chemicals for 5 days after application
- If it is dry and the air is clean outside then you may park the vehicle in direct sun after application to speed the curing.
- The best thing to do is to start using CARPRO Reset Car Wash to wash with regularly. Other soaps can leave the residue that temporarily messes up the beading and allows dust and dirt to stick more readily.
- Drying Towel: Dry Me A River! jr. Korean Microfiber Waffle Weave Drying Towel 20x40
- Quick Detailing: EcH2O Waterless Wash, Rinseless Wash & Quick Detailer Concentrate and Eagle Edgeless 500 Microfiber Towel 16x16
Occasionally (every 3 to 6 months) decontaminate surface with Iron-X
or other iron fallout remover
. Use during the wash cycle (after CARPRO Reset Car Wash
) and as directed.