- 1 to 2 years of durability
- Improves wet weather visibility helping to improve safety and eye strain
- Makes ice, bugs, tree sap etc. much easier to remove
Unlike regular rain repellent coatings that adhere to the surface of the glass using relatively weak physical bonds, G1 uses a chemical bond which gives G1 unrivaled durability.
G1's excellent durability and exceptionally low smear characteristics make it ideal for car windscreens.
Please note that with glass coatings there is a trade-off between durability and functionality. Whilst G1 is recommended for car windscreens, for surfaces such as shower screens, or marine glass where maximum repellency is required, it is better to use G5 Water Repellent Coating for Glass and Perspex.
Please also note that G1 will only work on glass substrates so, for example, it will not work on modern headlight lenses which are made from polycarbonate. For these, you will need to use G5 Water Repellent for Glass and Perspex.
Please also note that G2 is included with the G1 for no extra cost.
- Apply at a temperature above 5 degrees Celsius and not in direct sunlight
- If you are applying indoors ensure that there is adequate ventilation
- Ensure that the surface to be coated is entirely free from fats/oils - cleaning and then polish the glass Gtechniq G4 Nanotech Glass Polish
- We recommend three coatings on windscreens and a single coating on side and rear screens
- Apply using the applicator pad to the windscreen from drivers side to passenger side. And without removing the residue repeat this application from the driver's side to the passenger side. Once you have two coats on the windscreen, continue to apply the product to the side and rear screens followed by a third coat to your windscreen
- If ambient conditions are below 15 celsius allow the coating to cure for 30 minutes and if above 15 celsius allow curing for 15 minutes only. NB if your glass is very cold, we also recommend to heat up your windscreen using your vehicle's demist function.
- Once cured (you should see an opaque film of excess product on the surface), use another lint-free cloth to apply the G2 Residue Remover and then buff using a cotton towel type cloth so that you are left with a clear smear free finish. (Cotton is preferable to microfiber as the densely packed fibers of the microfiber cloth may remove too much of the partially cured coating from the surface)
- We recommend buffing areas no bigger than a quarter of a windscreen or half a side window at a time
- On application of G1 wiper blades should be thoroughly cleaned with IPA or window cleaner, alternatively replace the wipers if they are towards the end of their lifecycle as if the blades are soiled they can judder on the surface. We also recommend applying G1 to the blades without removing residue
- Once coated do not expose your car to the elements for at least 3 hours
- The coating requires no special maintenance or screen wash and it should last for approximately 30,000 miles of regular driving
- There may be some wiper blade judder on the first application of the product, in 90% of cases this will disappear in one or two weeks
- G1 and G2 have a shelf life of 2 years from purchase, for best result, use within 3 months of opening
- Please see our FAQ section for more information